1500 52nd Street SE
Supported by Mercedes-Benz USA
Schedule of Events
- Wednesday, September 6 – Optional Pro-Am – 1:00 PM shotgun start
- Thursday, September 7: Round 1 – tee times starting at 7:30 AM
- Friday, September 8: Round 2 – tee times starting at 7:30 AM
There are two entry forms for this one Championship.
- The entry form for the Section Senior Championship that all participants will need to complete who wish to play for the purse.
- The optional qualifier for the Senior PGA Professional Championship presented by Mercedes-Benz USA (September 28-October 1, 2017 at Desert Mountain GC in Scottsdale, Arizona). You will only need to complete the National Qualifier entry form (located at www.pgaoturnaments.com) if you wish to qualify for the National Championship.
The Section Championship entry form closes on August 23.
The National Qualifier must be entered through the PGA of America no later than August 23 at 11:59 PM.
The top five qualifiers from the PNW Senior PGA Professional Championship will advance directly to the 2017 Senior PGA Professional Championship presented by Mercedes-Benz USA. The event will be played September 28-October 1, 2017 at Desert Mountain GC in Scottsdale, Arizona.
The Pacific Northwest Section PGA Professional Championship is only open to Senior PGA Members of the Section. For complete eligibility information see the entry form supplied by the PGA of America. Life Member Active or Life Member Master Professional Active professionals are eligible to enter the championship and advance.
Condition of Competition
The PGA of America has adopted the condition of competition for Grooves and/or Punch ALL PLAYERS choosing to play in the Championship Division MUST comply with this condition of competition. This condition does not apply to players choosing to play in the Senior Division.
Stroke Play Format (36 holes)
Successful qualifiers (five) from the PNW Senior PGA Professional Championship will advance directly to the 29th Senior PGA Professional Championship presented by Mercedes-Benz, to be played September 28-October 1, 2017 at Desert Mountain GC in Scottsdale, Arizona.
Additionally, the top 35 finishers at the 29th Senior PGA Professional Championship earn a berth in the 79th Senior PGA Championship presented by KitchenAid, to be conducted in May 2018 at Harbor Shores Golf Club in Benton Harbor, Michigan.
Hilton Garden Inn Seattle North/Everett
8401 Paine Field Blvd
Mukilteo, WA 98275
Rate: $125 + Tax (1 King or Double Queen)
Release Date: 8/16/2017
The Senior PGA Professional Championship was established in 1952. Some can remember way back in 1965 when Harry Umbinetti was the top money winner of the event taking home a whopping $250 dollars. Back then, the championship was held at the Yakima Elks’ G&CC with only 21 professionals battling it out for the mere sum of $920 dollars. The famous Bob Duden won the championship six times during the 70’s and seven times overall. Today this is a popular event for Section seniors.
- 2016 Senior PGA Championship Final Round news
- 2015 Senior PGA Championship Final Round news
- 2014 Senior PGA Championship Final Round news
- 2013 Senior PGA Championship Final Round news
- 2012 Senior PGA Championship Final Round news
Past Champions and Results
|2015||George Mack, Jr.||140||results|
For complete list of PNW Senior PGA champions, visit the PNW PGA history project site.