1938 SW Elkhorn Ave
Featuring the National Car Rental Pro-Am
Schedule of Play
- Monday, June 12: Practice round
- Tuesday, June 13: First round
- Wednesday, June 14: Second Round; field cut to low 70 players and ties
- Thursday, June 15: Final round
National Car Rental Bonus Pool
Returning for 2017 is the National Car Rental Pro-Am Championship. Thanks to a nice sponsorship, National Car Rental will continue sponsoring of the team competitions. They ask one thing – enroll all players in the Emerald Club, National Car Rental’s FREE tool to help you use a special PGA discounted rate and also ease the rental process by allowing you to bypass the rental counter. To be eligible for the team competitions, all players on the team must be Emerald Club members (current membership qualifies) and there is a place on the entry form to provide each player’s Emerald Club number.
You must sign up as a pro-am team. Eligible Players: The term “eligible player” is defined, for this Championship, as: (1) all Pacific Northwest Section, PGA of America members (except those classified as “F” or “Inactive”); (2) all PNW Section, PGA of America apprentices with full Section Playing Privileges; (3) all Amateurs (as defined by the USGA) with current USGA handicap indexes. Contestants entering as amateurs may not accept professional prize money.
- Teams will play together for the first 36 holes.
- There are two team competitions over the first 36 holes – best 2 net of the 4, and each professional will play a net four-ball with one amateur.
- Handicaps at 80% will be used in the team games.
- The championship is a 54-hole stroke play with professional and amateur purses. After 36 holes, the field will be cut to the low 70 players and ties, repaired by score and the Oregon Open Invitational completed.
- There is no maximum handicap for entry (18 max. in the competition), however, all players will play from the championship tees and there will be no individual net amateur.
- All players will be governed by the Rules of Golf, Pace of Play, the Section Hard Card, the Section Dress Code and the Section Cell phone regulation.
Comfort Suites Redmond
2243 SW Yew Ave
Redmond, OR 97756
Rate: $129/night + tax (Double Queen or Single King)
Code: “PGA-NW Tournament Players”
Release date: May 12, 2017
16986 SW Brasada Ranch Road
Powell Butte, OR 97753
Rates (subject to taxes and resort fee):
King Guestroom – $149
Ranch House Suite – $199
1 Bedroom Cabin or 1 Bedroom Cabin w/hot tub – $209
2 Bedroom Cabin or 2 Bedroom Cabin w/hot tub – $298
3 Bedroom Cabin or 3 Bedroom Cabin w/hot tub – $447
4 Bedroom Cabin w/hot tub- $596
Release date: May 10, 2017
65600 Pronghorn Club Drive, Bend, OR 97701
Junior Suite: $130/night + tax
4-Bedroom with full kitchen: $420/night $105/person (great for groups)
Rates good: June 11-15, 2017
This championship dates back to 1905 when George Smith was the first to win the title. Over the years a number of fantastic players have won the championship such as Tommy Armour, Chuck Congdon, Al Zimmerman, Bob Duden, Rick Acton, and PGA Tour Player Peter Jacobsen. It was considered a PGA Tour event in the late 1920s and early 1930s.
- Most tournament wins: Bob Duden (8): 1952, 1953, 1959, 1962, 1967, 1969, 1970, 1973
- Tournament scoring record: Brian Nosler (198) in 2009
- 2016 Oregon Open Invitational Final Round News
- Bend Bulletin: Lebeck Rallies to Win Oregon Open
- Lebeck Wins 2015 Oregon Open Invitational
- 2014 Oregon Open Invitational Final Round news
- 2013 Oregon Open Invitational Final Round news
- 2012 Oregon Open Invitational Final Round news
Past Champions and Results
‘*’ denotes won as amateur
|2013||Hans Reimers *||210||results|
|2011||Reid Martin *||208||results|
|2010||Derek Berg *||209||results|
For complete list of Oregon Open champions and list of courses played, visit the PNW PGA history project site.