The Pacific Northwest Section PGA of America has a three-month internship opportunity with its Tournament Department. This position will be responsible for assisting the Director of Tournament and Member Programs with the administration of the Section’s major championships including the Washington Open, Oregon Open, Rosauers Open, Senior Oregon Open and Northwest Open. The championships are conducted on behalf of the 1,200 members and associates in the Pacific Northwest Section. Primary duties will include:
- Event preparations
– computer files
– tournament equipment
- Media and Communications
– press releases
– member communications
- Course preparation
- Equipment set up and take down
- Volunteer management
Requirements of Successful Applicant
- General knowledge of golf operations and tournament operations.
- Rules of Golf and handicapping knowledge a plus.
- Excellent computer skills. Experience in Excel, Access and Golf Genius helpful.
- Attention to detail and accuracy a must.
- Highly motivated and energetic.
- Mechanical ability and physical stamina. Able to lift 50 pounds consistently.
- Willingness to work long hours during events.
- Able to travel according to the tournament schedule. Often 10 days per month.
- PGA Student preferred
Compensation and Benefits
- Non-exempt, seasonal position.
- Hourly: $16.00 per hour plus eligible for overtime.
- On site tournament travel expenses paid.
Position Available: Available May 6, 2024 through August 30, 2024. We will work with a PGM Student’s class schedule within this date range.
Send resumes to:
Molly Cooper, PGA
Director of Tournament and Member Programs
Deadline for Resumes: Open until filled