The Pacific Northwest Section updated the apprentice requirements on January 1, 2015 to retain Section and Chapter Playing Privileges. Apprentices and members who employ apprentices should view the video below and then review the information presented. Important changes were made in the program with very specific requirements to meet. If you have any additional questions, please call Denise or Michelle at the Section Office at 800-688-4653.
To retain active status with the Section, Apprentices are required to attend one PGA Education Seminar, attend one PGA Meeting and compete in one PGA Tournament each calendar year.
Apprentices that fail to satisfy any or all of the three requirements above shall be placed in “Inactive” status with the Section and lose their Section and Chapter playing privileges. Playing privileges may be restored through a process of meeting with a Section mentor and following the program developed in this meeting to regain “Active” status and restore the apprentices playing privileges.
Apprentices suspended by the PGA of America will remain suspended until released by the PGA of America. Such apprentices are subject to the Education and Meeting requirements of this provision.
- PGA Education – includes Section, Chapter and National education workshops and seminars at least two hours in length. Attendance must be in person. The following do not qualify for this requirement – on-line or video attendance, vendor-specific training, CPR, facility training and the like. Attendance of a PGA PGM Level does satisfy this requirement.
- PGA Meeting – includes Section, Chapter and National meetings. Attendance must be in person. Primarily meetings include – Section/Chapter Spring and Fall Meetings and the PGA National Annual Meeting. With the prior approval of the Section, this activity may include Section/Chapter Town Hall meetings provided such meetings include at least one Section/Chapter officer, are at least two hours in length and focus on Section/Chapter issues and business. The following do not qualify – allied association meetings, committee meetings, board meetings, cracker barrels and the like.
- PGA Tournament – includes Section, Chapter and National events. Championships and Pro-Ams owned and operated by the PGA qualify. Apprentices who have not fully satisfied the PAT may use a PAT to satisfy this requirement. Unofficial events within the Section do not qualify – such as Blue Mountain Best Ball, Fall Tour, Lilac Open, Montana Open, and the like. To meet the PGA Tournament requirement, Apprentices with a physical disability may apply to the Chief Executive Officer for an accommodation.
- Seasonal Proration – Apprentices joining the Section between April 1 and September 30 are required to fulfill any two of the requirements. Apprentices joining the Section after September 30 have no requirement for the current year. This proration applies to the first year of registration with the Section. The full requirement must be satisfied by seasonal transfer/employees in all subsequent years.
Mentoring and Restoring Active Status/Playing Privileges
- Apprentices placed in Inactive status shall meet with a Section Mentor to develop a plan to satisfy the current deficiency and successfully satisfy future requirements.
- Apprentices will be required to satisfy the specific deficiency – Education, Meeting, or Playing before being restored to Active status and full playing privileges.
National Suspensions – apprentices suspended by the PGA of America will remain suspended until released by the PGA of America. Such apprentices are still subject to the Education and Meeting requirements of this provision and the playing requirement during periods not suspend by the PGA of America.