Date: July 29 – 31, 2014
Course: Wildhorse Resort & Casino | Pendleton, OR
NEW Entry Deadline: June 25 @ 5:00 PM
Early Entry Deadline: June 11 @ 5:00 PM
Host Professional: Michael Hegarty, PGA and Clint Ables, PGA
Championship: all competitors are competing in a 54-hole stroke play championship based on gross score.
Individual Net: there will be a limited Net purse based on a 54-hole score.
Professional Super Senior: all professionals 63 and over are competing in a 36-hole stroke play championship over the first two days of the Championship, based on gross score only. No double dipping.
Pro-Am: all competitors are competing in a concurrent 36-hole pro-am over the first two days of the championship. It is scored using two best balls of four, one gross and one net, at 90% handicap.
New Entry Priority in 2014
Category A: Exempt players (Past Champions, Host PGA Professional, and Section President).
Category B: Reserved for professionals who have participated in 3 or more Senior Section (Sr. WA Open, Sr. Players’ Championship, Sr. Oregon Open, Sr. PGA) events played since the close of entries for this event the previous year.
Category C: Reserved for professionals that have participated in 9 or more of the last ten years of this event being held.
Category D: The balance of the field will be filled by remaining professionals using following ranking priority***:
- i. Number of events (Sr. WA Open, Sr. Players’, Sr. OR Open, Sr. PGA****, WA Open, OR Open, Rosauers Open, NW Open, PPC) played in prior calendar year, January to December.
- ii. Professionals with the same priority in “i”, by number of tournament rounds posted in the PNWPGA Handicap System.
- iii. Professionals with the same priority after “i” and “ii”, by date of the latest prior year score in PNW Section Handicap System.
No category has a priority based on receipt of entry; just meet the deadlines for your situation.
*For Category A, reserved spots will expire at 5:00 PM three weeks after entries open.
**For Category B or C, reserved spots will expire at 5:00 PM seven days after entries open.
*** All entrants will be on waiting list until the close of entries to ensure correct ranking, then confirmed according to priority.
**** Sr. PGA will count twice in this ranking list.
Schedule of Events
Monday, July 28: Practice Rounds all day.
Tuesday, July 29: Round 1 – double shift, two tees.
Wednesday, July 30: Round 2 – double shift, two tees.
Thursday, July 31: Final Round – double shift, two tees. (Low scores will be paired in the morning shift).
Wildhorse Resort & Casino and Wildhorse RV Park
72777 Hwy. 331
Pendleton, Oregon 97801
Phone: 800-654-WILD (9453).
- $65/room in the Courtyard
- $85/room in the Tower
- $125.95 Tower 1 room suite
- $161.95 Tower 2 room suite
Release Date: July 14, 2014
Booking ID# 6964
Wildhorse Resort & Casino made major upgrades to their Resort in 2010. For those of you that have yet to experience Wildhorse Resort, book today and enjoy the new hotel, new theater, new restaurants and more!
Since its induction in 1996, the Senior Oregon Open has grown to be the premier senior golf tournament in the Northwest. This event draws the best players ages 50 and over from all over the Pacific Northwest Section.
- 2014 Senior Oregon Open Invitational Final Round news
- 2013 Senior Oregon Open Invitational Final Round news
- 2012 Senior Oregon Open Invitational Final Round news
- 2011 Senior Oregon Open Invitational Final Round news
Past Champions and Results
“*” indicates won as amateur
|2013||Tim O’Neal *||133 (2 rounds)||results|
For complete data including courses played, visit the PNW PGA history project site.