Date: July 30- August 1, 2013
Entry Available: Wednesday, June 5 @ 9:00 AM
Entry Deadline: July 17 @ 5:00 PM
Early Entry Deadline: June 12 @ 5:00 PM (see entry priority below)
Course: Wildhorse Resort & Casino
Location: Pendelton, OR
Sponsor: Wildhorse Resort & Casino
Tee Prizes by: VooDoo Performance Towel
Host Professional: Michael Hegarty, PGA
Championship: all competitors are competing in a 54-hole stroke play championship based on gross score.
Individual Net: there will be a limited Net purse based on a 54-hole score.
Professional Super Senior: all professionals 60 and over are competing in a 36-hole stroke play championship over the first two days of the Championship, based on gross score only. No double dipping.
Pro-Am: all competitors are competing in a concurrent 36-hole pro-am over the first two days of the championship. It is scored using two best balls of four, one gross and one net, at 90% handicap.
NEW Entry Priority in 2013
- a. Exempt players (Past Champions, Host PGA Professional, and Section President).
- b. Reserved for professionals who have participated in 3 or more Senior Section (Sr. WA Open, Sr. Players’ Championship, Sr. Oregon Open, Sr. PGA) events played since the close of entries for this event the previous year. Click here to view this list of professionals.
- c. Reserved for professionals that have participated in 9 or more of the last ten years of this event being held. Click here to view this list of professionals.
- d. The balance of the field is based on receipt of entry.
*For category a, reserved spots will expire at 5:00 PM three weeks after entries open.
**For category b or c, reserved spots will expire at 5:00 PM seven days after entries open.
Schedule of Events
Monday, July 29: Practice Rounds all day.
Tuesday, July 30: Round 1 – double shift, two tees.
Wednesday, July 31: Round 2 – double shift, two tees.
Thursday, August 1: Final Round – double shift, two tees. (Low scores will be paired in the morning shift).
Wildhorse Resort & Casino and Wildhorse RV Park
72777 Hwy. 331
Pendleton, Oregon 97801
Phone: 800-654-WILD (9453).
Mention code “PNW PGA or Booking ID# 5949” to receive special rates of $85 + tax for a tower room (new hotel) with 2 queen beds or $65 + tax for a courtyard room (old hotel).
Click here to book online – use Group ID 5949 and Password 1048000662
Release Date: July 7, 2013
Wildhorse Resort & Casino has made major upgrades to their Resort in 2010. For those of you that have yet to experience Wildhorse Resort, book today and enjoy the new hotel, new theater, new restaurants and more!
Since its induction in 1996, the Senior Oregon Open has grown to be the premier senior golf tournament in the Northwest. This event draws the best players ages 50 and over from all over the Pacific Northwest Section.
- 2013 Senior Oregon Open Invitational Final Round news
- 2012 Senior Oregon Open Invitational Final Round news
- 2011 Senior Oregon Open Invitational Final Round news
“*” indicates won as amateur
- 2013: Tim O’Neal * – 133 (2 rounds)
- 2012: Jeff Coston – 202
- 2011: Jeff Coston – 204
- 2010: Chuck Milne – 207
- 2009: Jeff Coston – 198
- 2008: Rob Gibbons – 199
- 2007: Jeff Coston – 199
- 2006: Fred Haney – 203
- 2005: Chuck Milne – 197
- 2004: Don Bies – 200
- 2003: Mike Early – 201
- 2002: Chris Maletis * – 203
- 2001: Steve Stull – 207
- 2000: Fred Haney – 211
- 1999: Ken Forster * – 211
- 1998: Glenn Malm – 207
- 1997: Dick Iverson * – 134
- 1996: Mike Renshaw – 139
For complete data including courses played, visit the PNW PGA history project site.