Date: September 4-5, 2014
Course: Tetherow GC | Bend, OR
Section Championship Entry Deadline: August 20 at 5:00 PM
National Qualifier Entry Deadline: July 15 at 2:00 PM
Host Professionals: Chris Van der Velde, PGA and Louis Bennett, PGA
Presenting Sponsor: Mercedes-Benz
Supporting Sponsors: PGA Tour, Lorente Golf
There are two entry forms for this one Championship.
- The entry form for the Section Senior Championship that all participants will need to complete.
- The optional qualifier for the Senior PGA Professional National Championship presented by Mercedes-Benz. (November 13-16, 2014 at PGA Golf Club, Wanamaker and Ryder Courses in Port St. Lucie, FL). You will only need to complete the National Qualifier entry form if you wish to qualify for the National Championship. (Entries Closed July 15, 2014 @ 2:00 PM)
The Section Championship entry form closes on August 20.
Stroke Play Format (36 holes)
Schedule of Play
Thursday, September 4: Tee times starting at 7:30 AM
Friday, September 5: Tee times starting at 7:30 AM
Conditions of Competition
The PGA of America has adopted the condition of competition for Grooves and/or Punch Marks at the Section level of the Pacific Northwest Senior PGA Professional Championship. Starting this year, ALL PLAYERS choosing to play in the Championship Division MUST comply with this condition of competition. This condition is in place for any senior who is playing the Championship Division regardless of whether they are trying to qualifying for the Senior Professional National Championship. This condition does not apply to players choosing to play in the Senior Division.
61240 Skyline Ranch Road
Bend, OR 97702
Rate: $149.00 + tax (Double queens or King)
Release Date: August 1
The Senior PGA Professional Championship was established in 1952. Some can remember way back in 1965 when Harry Umbinetti was the top money winner of the event taking home a whopping $250 dollars. Back then, the championship was held at the Yakima Elks’ G&CC with only 21 professionals battling it out for the mere sum of $920 dollars. The famous Bob Duden won the championship six times during the 70’s and seven times overall. Today this is a popular event for Section seniors.
- 2014 Senior PGA Championship Final Round news
- 2013 Senior PGA Championship Final Round news
- 2012 Senior PGA Championship Final Round news
Past Champions and Results
For complete list of PNW Senior PGA champions, visit the PNW PGA history project site.