entry form (pdf) | tee-times | results
Date: June 10-12, 2014
Entry Deadline: May 28
Course: Black Butte Ranch – Glaze Meadow
Location: Sisters, OR
Sponsored by: Bridgestone Golf, Greg Norman, Sun Dog, Sun Mountain Sports, PING Apparel, Abby’s Legendary Pizza
Host Professional: Jeff Fought, PGA
- Teams will play together for the first 36 holes.
- There are two team competitions over the first 36 holes – best 2 net of the 4, and each professional will play a net four-ball with one amateur.
- Handicaps at 80% will be used in the team games.
- The championship is a 54-hole stroke play with professional and amateur purses. After 36 holes, the field will be cut to the low 70 players and ties, repaired by score and the Oregon Open Invitational completed.
- There is no maximum handicap for entry (18 max. in the competition), however, all players will play from the championship tees and there will be no individual net amateur.
- All players will be governed by the Rules of Golf, Pace of Play, the Section Hard Card, the Section Dress Code and the Section Cell phone regulation.
Schedule of Play
- Monday, June 9 – Practice round
- Tuesday, June 10 – First round
- Wednesday, June 11 – Second Round
Field cut to low 70 players and ties
- Thursday, June 12 – Final round
- Most tournament wins: Bob Duden (8): 1952, 1953, 1959, 1962, 1967, 1969, 1970, 1973
- Tournament scoring record: Brian Nosler (198) in 2009
This championship dates back to 1905 when George Smith was the first to win the title. Over the years a number of fantastic players have won the championship such as Tommy Armour, Chuck Congdon, Al Zimmerman, Bob Duden, Rick Acton, and PGA Tour Player Peter Jacobsen. It was considered a PGA Tour event in the late 1920s and early 1930s.
Online Golf Ball Selection Guide
Find the right ball for your game right now! Click on the button below to quickly learn which Bridgestone ball is best for you.
‘*’ denotes won as amateur
- 2013: Hans Reimers * – 210
- 2012: Brian Thornton – 204
- 2011: Reid Martin * – 208
- 2010: Derek Berg* – 209
- 2009: Brian Nosler – 198
- 2008: Corey Prugh – 211
- 2007: Josh Immordino – 204
- 2006: Scott Krieger – 205
- 2005: Erik Hanson * – 210
- 2004: Jeff Coston – 200
- 2003: Tracy Vest – 210
- 2002: Darek Franklin – 207
- 2001: Kene Bensel – 205
- 2000: Bill Porter – 208
For complete list of Oregon Open champions and list of courses played, visit the PNW PGA history project site.