Date: January 30 – February 6, 2014
Entry Deadline: November 5, 2013
Course: Mauna Lani North & South Courses
Location: Kohala Coast, HI
Supporting Sponsors: Jim Ostrander Insurance
We use a fun format, with daily prizes (net and gross) for amateurs, professionals and teams. Overall tournament winners are based on best 2 out of 3 rounds.
Each Pro-Am Entry Includes:
- Round-trip economy air from Seattle or Portland
- 7 Nights Ocean-view room, including tax, porterage
- Green fees and shared (1/2) electric golf cart for 3 rounds of golf.
- Welcome cocktails and dinner on evening of January 30.
- Briefing breakfast on morning of January 31.
- Awards cocktails and dinner on last evening, February 5.
- Round-trip group transfers between Kona Airport and Mauna Lani.
Schedule of Events
- January 30: Depart Portland or Seattle on Alaska Airlines/Hawaiian Airlines * to Kona; welcome cocktails & dinner
- January 31: Briefing breakfast
- February 1: 1st round of tournament, Mauna Lani South Course
- February 2: Free day for practice or watching the Super Bowl on TV
- February 3: 2nd round of tournament, Mauna Lani North Course; optional Ladies’ Tournament, Mauna Lani South Course
- February 4: 3rd round of tournament, Mauna Lani South Course
- February 5: Farewell cocktails and awards dinner
- February 6: Departure
* Both airlines require earlier ticketing this year. Please see air bulletin for details.
The Hawai’i Winter Pro-Am began in 1976 and has taken place every year since then. Over the years, many beautiful courses have hosted this tournament including Wailea GC, Waikoloa, Kaaanapali, Poipu Bay GC and Mauna Lani.
Past Team Champions
- 2013: Norm Blandel, Jim Jenkins, Mandy Jenkins, Mike Naumes, Al Taylor
- 2012: Dan Porter, Peter Leichtnam, William Nelson, Ryan Olson, Wendell Olson
- 2011: Ray Comella, Sam Bars, Kent Brook, J.D. Hill, Rick Rooney
- 2010: Cory Pickeral, Richard Kadel, Bill McConnell, Keith Olson, Mike Stringfellow
- 2009: Jason Aichele, Jesse Van Schoiack, Gregory Smith, Wayne Banko, Akira Nozaka